Voter Registration – Quality Control Associate
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Remote)
Full-Time, Limited Term
Want to help make sure voters are registered to vote in Wisconsin? Wisconsin Voices seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented person to join our team to administer VoteMovr & the Wisconsin Voter App, the database that we use to track voter registrations & the app we use to complete voter registration in Wisconsin. The primary roles of this position are a) to help administer the Votemovr database and manage the quality control process which includes tracking and verifying voter registration data, and b) supporting the manager in a smooth interaction of the Wisconsin Voter App and reporting tools. This role will also have a leading role in maintaining our voter registration data and training, and supporting our partner organizations as they use Votemovr, Blocks, and other tools and technology to improve the efficacy of their voter registration work. This position reports to the Voter Registration & Census Director.
Salary and Benefits: $40,000-48,000 annually along with a benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and more. The position starts July 2020 and goes through November 30, 2020.
● State level administrator for VoteMovr & Blocks, the databases Wisconsin Voices uses to track voter registration information.
● State level administrator for the Wisconsin Voter App, the app Wisconsin Voices uses to register voters.
● Creating user accounts, managing the access of different partner organization staff, and monitoring usage of Blocks.
● Providing training (individual and group) and technical support to partner organizations on Blocks, The Wisconsin Voter App, Voter Registration Quality Control, and Adobe Acrobat.
● Pulling regular reports about voter registration activity on a weekly basis.
● Develop “how-to” one-pagers / videos on Blocks, Voter Registration Quality Control best practices and external tracking systems.
● Create and maintain documentation for the Data Department.
● Monitor the data transfer and raise alarms when drop off rates are below the comfort level of the national team
● Support on scanning and redacting
● Lead on holding groups accountable for addressing/resolving problems with quality control that come up in the phone/visual verification process.
● Build re-training curriculum that is responsive to QC trends.
● Help partners build relationships with election officials and/or coordinate that process
● Train partners to understand quality control flags, problematic forms, and fraud.
● Support partners through the investigation process
● Remote work from home allow, some in-state travel required (Dependent on COVID-19)..
● Participate in site visits to partner offices and provide on-site guidance for QC staff, as well as executing any assigned duties during book closing visits, as needed.
● Provide on-site, in person, or virtual trainings on programmatic aspects that relate to tools, reporting, and quality control
● Other duties as assigned.
● Aptitude for punctuality and strong time-management
● Ability to prioritize tasks to meet the needs of the work-flow and deadlines
● Customer service oriented attitude
● Desire to learn new skills and different ways of doing things
● Possess a passion for social, racial, and economic justice, and desire a long-term career in the nonprofit field, operations, and/or data and technology sector.
● Detail and deadline oriented, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
● Patience working with people of broad skill levels
● Ability to respond promptly to time-sensitive requests
● Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work
● Creative approach to problem solving and eagerness to troubleshoot complex issues Required Qualifications
● A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
● Ability to learn and use an online database platform.
● Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving.
● Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
● Ability to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically including the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences.
● Patience working with people with a wide range of skill levels.
● Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications, NOT required
● 1-2 cycles experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns
● Past experience with voter registration
● Strong Microsoft Excel skills
● Experience working in coalition with partners or experience working in racially diverse communities, particularly in communities of color.
● Reliable access to transportation.
● Bilingual in English and Spanish (or another language) a plus.
● Any experience working with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and/or NGP EveryAction or other databases
Process to Apply
1. Submit your resume & brief cover letter to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the subject line or in your cover letter.
2. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by July 3, 2020
3. No calls please
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Wisconsin Voices where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Votemovr, Blocks and The Wisconsin Voter App are relatively new software that is not commonly in use. Previous experience with this database is not expected and training will be provided.
About Wisconsin Voices
Wisconsin Voices envisions a Wisconsin where every person has the means, motivation, and freedom to fully participate in a just democracy that provides opportunities for all people to thrive.
We unify a dynamic network of progressive nonprofits in Wisconsin around achieving shared goals to build a better democracy. We build our partners’ capacity, amplify their impact, nurture new leadership, promote racial equity, champion transparent policies, and foster civic engagement so that everyone has an equal voice.
We help create the conditions for Wisconsinites who share our values to strengthen Wisconsin’s democracy for everyone.
WISCONSIN VOICES PLAYS A UNIQUE ROLE in the progressive movement by creating the structure to empower organizations in the c3 community through:
- Capacity building
- Ongoing year round civic engagement
- Convening and connecting
- Long-term strategic planning for collective impact
Wisconsin Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.